Most people know that eating fruits and vegetables is important for good health, but most of us still aren’t getting enough.
- Fewer than 1 in 7 adults eat the recommended amount of fruit
- Fewer than 1 in 10 adults eat the recommended amount of vegetables
Eating a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and fruits can help you:
- Lower your risk for heart disease and some types of cancer
- Maintain or reach a healthy weight
- Keep your body strong and active
Here are some ideas to help you and your family fit more fruits and vegetables into your day:
- Keep a bowl of fruit handy where the whole family can see it.
- Cut up fruits and veggies ahead of time so they’re ready for quick, healthy snacks.
- Challenge your family to try a new veggie or fruit every week.
Remember, eating more fruits and veggies can be fun, and it’s worth it!