Why should I choose laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is permanent hair reduction. It is a fast an effective method treating a larger area with one pulse, unlike electrolysis which treats single hairs.
How many laser treatments would I need?
One should expect 6 – 8 treatments approximately every 6 weeks. Depending on the area treated, a client could need a few more treatments or even less. However, you should start noticing significant reduction after your 3rd session.
Would I make a could candidate?
The ideal candidate has light skin and dark hair. The laser targets the melanin in the hairs converting it to heat destroying the hair’s life source in the hair follicle. Blonde and gray hairs are very hard to treat using laser making electrolysis a great alternative.
Is laser painful?
Treatments should not be painful. A client should feel heat with a slight snap.
Do you offer packages?
No. At Electrology Laser Clinic the customer is our top priority. There is no obligation. We have found clients like to pay each session and not prepay for unknown results. Our objective is for you, the client, to be satisfied.
Do I need to do anything before my treatments?
Yes, we ask everyone to shave the treated area. Do not apply any lotions or deodorant prior to coming in the office. Also, wear white or light colored clothing to reflect the light. Water soluble ultrasound gel is put on the skin to keep it from burning.
Are there any side effects after treatments?
Side effects include:
- Slight skin irritation: itchiness, redness, discomfort
- This is completely normal and will go down after a few hours.
- Skin pigment change
- Your skin might become lighter or darker in the treated area. Again, this should go down after a few hours.
- Slight swelling in the treated area
- Use ice compresses as needed
What about aftercare?
- Try not to use any over the counter lotions or creams for a two days after treatments to help with skin irritation.
- Try to stay away from any internal or external heat
- For example: saunas, hot tubs, hot ovens, steam or heavy exercises that could cause perspiration
- Do not use tanning salons or tanning beds
- Do not layout in the direct sun after treatment.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Always wear a high SPF sunscreen every time you are in the sun.
Could I have laser done if I am pregnant?
No, we cannot preform laser on any pregnant or breast feeding women. Before every laser treatment we ask you sign a wavier stating your medical history has not changed.